SMP is not just Tattoo on the Scalp
Medical SMP is a non-surgical procedure used to improve the appearance of people suffered from hair loss. Baldness appears when there is reflection of light from the scalp. For long hair fibres are sprinkled on the scalp to reduce such reflection. The drawback of such however wa that the fibres would be washed away by rain and sweat, and the daily use in a long rum would cost a fortune.
SMP applied the same principle when ink is injected into the dernmal layers of the scalp. When done properly the ink can be retained for years giving a long lasting covering effect. In 2019 the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS) described SMP, FUE and FUT as the Triple Crown in Hair Loss Remedies.
Since 2014 we have developed our SMP into a Medical procedure performed under local anesthesia in an Aseptic Area supervised by a Medical Practitioner. Although many Hair Dressors and Tattoo Artists also provide SMP to clients, their results and technique are totally different from ours.
Who Should Consider SMP ?
1. Diffuse Hair Loss
• Not want or not suitable for hair transplant
• No effect from whatever hair treatment
• Wearing hairpiece or use hair fibre everyday
2. Scarring Alopecia
• Scar at donor site after FUT hair transplant
• White spots or mottling at donor site after FUE
• Any scalp scar left by surgery ot injury
3. Alopecia Areata
• Localized Alopecia Areata
• No hair regrowth after steroid injection
• Can do SMP on many spots simultaneously
3 Advantages of SMP
1. No Surgery
• No need to remove any scalp tissue
• minimally invasive, back to work next day
2. Pain Free
• performed under local anesthesia by doctor
• Deeper needling for longer ink retention
• Cheaper than hair transplant and courses
• Save money on hair piece and hair fibres